It could be that the email address used during the purchasing process may have been misspelled. Therefore, any subsequent attempt to log in to the automatically created Avira account will fail. Furthermore, you will not receive any information via email from Avira regarding your purchased product and license.
This often leads to a new account registration using the correct email address which you thought you registered with during the purchasing process. Consequently you own unintentionally two Avira account. One with the misspelled email address that was created automatically during the purchasing process (which contains the purchasing information and license), and a second account that you created yourself with the correct email address (but which does not contain any information regarding the product you purchased).
Unknown spelling mistake in the email address
If you do NOT believe you misspelled your email address, contact Avira Support for further help.
Known spelling mistake in the email address
If you know the spelling mistake in your email address, follow the instructions below to correct the mistake.
The Avira Connect account you created afterwards using the correct email address does not contain any license information, so you need to delete it.
1. Log In to the second Avira account you created that is registered to the correct email address.
2. Hover your mouse over the arrow icon in the upper right corner next to your name.
3. Click My Account → Data & Settings.
4. Scroll down and click Delete my account.
5. Enter your password and click Continue to confirm the deletion.
The automatically created Avira account with the misspelled email address contains all the information regarding your purchased Avira product. Therefore, this account must be kept but the email address needs to be updated.
1. Log In to your Avira account with the misspelled email address.
2. Hover the mouse over the arrow icon in the upper right corner next to your name.
3. Click My Account → Security.
4. Enter the correct email address.
5. Click Change email.
6. To confirm the change, please check the inbox of your email address and enter the validation code you received.
7. Click Confirm.
1. Log In to your Avira account with the correct email address.
2. Click Subscriptions in the left-hand menu bar.
3. Within the “Subscriptions pane” select the product you want to install and click Install.
4. Select your operating system.
5. Click Download.
6. Double-click the downloaded installation file and follow the instructions.
Somtimes your license may not be displayed in the Subscriptions menu. This may be because the product cannot be assigned to your existing license. To solve this problem, install the product as follows:
1. Click Devices in the left menu panel.
2. Select the operating system in the "Protect more devices" menu.
3. Search for the product you want to install and click Select.
4. Click Download.
5. Run the downloaded installation file. Your existing license will now be recognized automatically.