In order for us to diagnose our customer’s computers, we use some tools which can provide us with detailed technical information regarding their problems.
One of them is the GMER log. It is used to collect information related to existing or potential infections on your PC.
In order to run the scan, follow the steps below:
- Download the executable file.
- Save the file "gmer.zip" on the desktop.
- Extract the file "gmer.zip".
- Double-click "gmer.exe" to run the application.
- Ensure that all options in the right-hand panel are marked.
- Click Scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click Save...
- Select the "Desktop" as the storage location, the name of the log file (GMER), and then click Save.
- On the desktop, you will see a log file named "GMER.log" – that is the tool report which we need to analyze.
- Please send us an email attaching the “GMER.log” file on your desktop.