Safe mode can help you track down the causes of problems you may be having with your mobile device. When you start your mobile device in safe mode, it doesn’t run any third-party apps installed on your device. You can also uninstall apps and use your mobile device's core functions while in safe mode.
The process of starting your mobile device in safe mode can vary a little between Android devices, but getting out of Safe Mode is always the same.
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet running Android 6.0 or later, the process for turning on safe mode is as described below.
1. Press and hold your device's power button.
2. On your screen, touch and hold the power button and select power off. If needed, tap OK.
3. Your device will start in safe mode. You'll see "Safe Mode" at the bottom of your screen.
This method also works for LG, HTC, Sony, and many other Android phones.
The process for turning on safe mode with the buttons is as follows:
1. Press and hold the power button for a while, then select power off to turn off your device.
2. Press and hold the power button until the animated vendor logo appears.
3. Release the power button, and press and hold the volume down button.
4. Keep holding it until your device starts up.
5. Your device will boot in safe mode. You'll see "Safe Mode" at the bottom of your screen.
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. Tap the restart option.