Safe mode can help you to track down the causes of problems you may be having with your mobile device. When you boot your mobile device into Safe Mode, it doesn’t run any third-party apps installed on your device. You can also uninstall Apps and use you mobile device core functions while in safe mode.
The process for booting your mobile device into Safe Mode can vary a little between different Android devices, but getting out of Safe Mode is always the same.
Turn on Safe Mode on an Android device
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, running Android 6.0 or later, then the process for turning on the Safe Mode is as described below.
- Press and hold your device's power button.
- On your screen, touch and hold the power button and select "power off". If needed, tap OK.
- Your device starts in Safe Mode. You'll see "Safe Mode" at the bottom of your screen.
This method also works for LG, HTC, Sony, and many other Android phones.
Turn on Safe Mode via mobile buttons
The process for turning on Safe Mode with the keys is as follows:
- Press and hold the power button for a while, then select "power off" to turn your device off.
- Press and hold the power button, until the animated vendor logo appears.
- Release the power button, and press and hold the volume down button.
- Keep holding it until your device boots up.
- Your device will boot in Safe Mode. You'll see "Safe Mode" at the bottom of your screen.
Turn off Safe Mode
- Press and hold the power button.
- Tap the restart option.