If you receive an error message when installing the Microsoft media creation tool, it’s most likely because the autorun protection feature of your Avira Antivirus blocks the tool coping an autorun functionality onto a USB stick.
The Avira Antivirus autorun protection is designed to protect any execution or creation of an autorun functionality. In this case, it blocks the intended creation of a bootable “Windows 10 Installation” USB stick.
To run the media creation tool successfully you have to temporarily disable the autorun protection in your Avira Antivirus.
Disable Autorun protection
- Click the Avira icon in your taskbar.
- Once the Avira panel opens, click Antivirus.
- Click the settings icon on the lower left side of the Antivirus window.
- Click General → Security.
- Uncheck the "Block autorun function".
- Click Apply and OK.