File exceptions can be defined for both System Scanner and Real-time protection. A special feature of Real-time protection is that processes may be excluded from the scan as well.
- Click the Avira icon in the system tray to open the Avira user interface.
- Click Security in the left menu.
- Click the module Protection options.
- Click the Setting icon of the System protection.
- Navigate to PC Protection→ Real-Time Protection → Exceptions.
Add files to be omitted for both System Scanner and the Real-time protection in the configuration window. For Real-time protection, you may also specify processes to be omitted from scanning.
Example of a correct exception: