The Windows autorun function for all connected drives like USB sticks, CD/DVD drives, and network drives poses a high-security risk. This helpful function is used by malware and unwanted programs as a loophole to plant hidden infections on the computer.
That's why Avira Real-Time Protection blocks the automatic running of storage drives by default, except for CDs and DVDs.
- Click the Avira icon in your system tray.
- Search for your Antivirus and click Open.
- Click the Settings icon in the lower left-hand corner of your Antivirus window.
- Select General → Security and enable or disable the option Block autorun function.
- Save your settings by clicking Apply.
- Exit the configuration with OK.