The Windows autorun function for all connected drives like USB sticks, CD/ DVD drives, and network drives bears a high-security risk. This helpful function is used by malware and unwanted programs as a loophole for hidden infections on the computer.
That's why, Avira Realtime Protection blocks the automatic run of storage drives by default, except CDs and DVDs.
- Click the Avira Icon in your system tray.
- Search for your Antivirus and click Open.
- Click the Setting icon in the lower left-hand corner of your Antivirus window.
- Select General → Security and enable or disable the option "Block autorun function".
- Save your settings with a click on Apply.
- Exit the configuration with OK.