Due to the missing user writing permission for the home directory, the Avira Scan Service is not able to write the scan configuration to the home directory. Therefore, the scan cannot be started and leads to the following error message: An error occurred in the plugin.
To ensure a proper function of the scanner, the user writing permission has to be added via the provided script or command-line.
Add writing permission via script
- Download fixHomePermission.rar attached at the end of this article.
- Unzip the file and double-click fixHomePermission.rar.
- Open the created tmp folder.
- Double-click the fixHomePermission.command.
- Confirm the execution of the script.
- The user writing permission for the home directory has been added.
- Remove the created tmp folder and the downloaded RAR file.
Add writing permission via command-line
(for advanced user)
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications → Utilities.
- Double-click Terminal.
- The terminal window opens.
chmod u+rwx ~
- Press Enter.
- Close the Terminal.