When booting a computer with a connected USB device, the Antivirus will block the USB device for safety reasons, if it was not added prior to the Antivirus Whitelist.
If your connected USB device is not visible (has been blocked) after restarting your computer, remove it from the computer and add the USB device to the Antivirus Whitelist as described below.
1. Disconnect the USB device from your computer.
2. Perform a reboot.
3. Connect the USB device to the computer.
4. Avira Antivirus detects the connected USB device and expects a user interaction. Select from the drop-down list the option Allow, enable the "Always do this for this device" function and click OK.
The connected USB device is added to the Antivirus Whitelist and the access is not blocked any further.
1. Click the Avira icon in the taskbar.
2. Select the antivirus product and click Open.
3. In the lower-left corner of the Antivirus main user interface, click the Configuration icon → PC Protection → Device Protection → Devices.
4. Configure which USB devices should be blocked or allowed.