If you receive a recurring Avira notification after synchronizing your email, it is likely that your email app is attempting to download a potentially malicious file. Each time it does so, Avira Real-Time Protection repeatedly deletes it.
To make sure that the presumed problem exists, please verify the following:
- If you close your email app no new notifications appear.
- When synchronizing your email app the notification appears after a few seconds.
If both are true then a malicious email is incoming and Avira Real-Time Protection deletes the file and displays a notification. Depending on the email app you are using it will synchronize the email again and again. After a while, this results in a large amount of quarantined emails.
Detect and remove the infected email
- Turn off your Antivirus Real-Time Protection.
In the system tray, click the Avira umbrella → Open Avira.
- Click the Tool icon in the left menu bar and disable Real-Time Protection.
- Enter your password.
- Synchronize your emails.
The email that will be synchronized is most likely the infected email.
Verify the sender and subject of the email.
- Delete the email if the sender is unknown and the subject seems irelevant to you.
- Turn on Antivirus Real-Time Protection again.