If you receive a recurring Avira notification after synchronizing your email, it is likely that your email app is attempting to download a potentially malicious file. Each time it does so, Avira Real-Time Protection repeatedly deletes it.
To make sure that the presumed problem exists, please verify the following:
1. If you close your email app no new notifications appear.
2. When synchronizing your email app the notification appears after a few seconds.
If both are true then a malicious email is incoming and Avira Real-time Protection deletes the file and displays a notification. Depending on the email app you are using it will synchronize the email again and again. After a while, this results in a large amount of quarantined emails.
1. Open Avira.
2. Click Protection Options in the left menu bar and disable Real-time Protection.
3. Enter your password.
4. Synchronize your emails.
The email that will be synchronized is most likely the infected email. Verify the sender and subject of the email.
5. Delete the email if the sender is unknown and the subject seems irelevant to you.
6. Turn on Antivirus Real-Time Protection again.