If you receive a recurring Avira notification after the synchronization of your mail client, then probably a malicious email is repeatedly incoming and Avira Real-Time Protection deletes the file again and again.
To make sure that the presumed problem exists, the following must be verified:
- If you close your email client no new notifications appear.
- When synchronizing your email client the notification appears after some seconds.
If both are true then a malicious email is incoming and Avira Real-Time Protection deletes the file and displays a notification. Depending on the email client you are using it will synchronize the email again and again. This leads after a while to a big amount of quarantined emails.
Detect and remove the infected email
- Turn of your Antivirus Real-Time Protection.
- Click the in the system tray the Avira umbrella → Open Avira.
- Click the Tool icon in the left menu bar and disable "Real-Time Protection".
- Enter your password.
- Synchronize your emails.
The email that will be synchronized is most likely the infected email.
Verify the sender and subject of the email.
- Delete the email if the sender is unknown and the subject seems not relevant to you.
- Turn on the Antivirus Real-Time Protection again.