The Windows autorun function for all connected drives like USB sticks, CD/DVD drives, and network drives poses a high-security risk. This helpful function is used by malware and unwanted programs as a loophole to plant hidden infections on the computer.
That's why Avira Real-Time Protection blocks the automatic running of storage drives by default, except for CDs and DVDs. The following warning will appear:
If you would like to deactivate this function, proceed as follows.
- Click the Avira icon in the taskbar.
- Search for "Antivirus" and click Open.
- Click the Settings icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Antivirus window.
- Go to General → Security and uncheck the option Block autorun function.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.