The Windows autorun function for all connected drives like USB sticks, CD/ DVD drives, and network drives bears a high-security risk. This helpful function is used by malware and unwanted programs as a loophole for hidden infections on the computer.
That's why, Avira Realtime Protection blocks the automatic run of storage drives by default, except for CDs and DVDs. The following warning will appear:
If you like to deactivate this function, follow the following steps.
- Click the Avira icon in the taskbar.
- Search for "Antivirus" and click Open.
- Click the settings icon in the lower left-hand corner of the Antivirus window.
- Go to General → Security and uncheck the option Block autorun function.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.