1. What functions does the new Avira Exchange Security have?
The new Exchange Security supports all current operating systems and Exchange versions.
2. Which Microsoft Exchange versions are supported?
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (64 Bit), service package 3 and higher and corresponding update rollups.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (64 Bit) on Windows Server 2012 (Avira Exchange Security installed on "Mailbox Server").
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 (64 Bit).
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2019 (64 bit).
3. Which server operating systems are supported?
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (including current service packs and patches) (End of life: 01/14/2010).
- Windows Server 2012 (64 Bit) (End of life: 14.01.2020).
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64 Bit) (End of life: 14.01.2020).
- Windows Server 2016 (64 Bit).
- Windows Server 2019 (64 Bit).
4. Which operating systems are supported by the Avira Exchange Security Frontend?
- Windows 7.
- Windows 8.
- Windows 10.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (End of life: 14.01.2020).
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 (End of life: 14.01.2020).
- Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Server 2019.
5. Where can I get the installation package?
Download the installation package of the new Exchange Security 17 and follow the instructions on your screen.
6. How do I migrate from the old to the new version? Which files do I have to back up?
For further information in this regard please see this article.
7. Can I migrate my customers for free?
Yes, switching to the new Exchange Security is free of charge.
8. How is the licensing processed?
The licensing corresponds to that of the existing Exchange Security (per protected mailbox). There are no changes.
Avira Exchange Security version 17 is licensed with an activation code (OTC) consisting of 5x5 blocks instead of an hbedv.key file.
9. Does the release also affect Avira Exchange Security - Small Business Edition as a product component of Avira Antivirus for Small Business?
The Small Business version will continue to be available in version 14.
If you want to use the improvements of version 17, there is no Small Business version anymore.
Please note the End of Life of version 14.
10. Has the usability changed to any extent? Do I have to get used to a new interface?
The graphical user interface remains largely the same. Therefore, it is not necessary to get used to a new user interface.
If you switch from the Small Business version to Exchange Security version 17, you will notice a quite different interface.