To perform successfully a produkt reinstallation you have to perform first a cleanup of your installed Avira product.
The described procedure should only be applied if a conventional Avira uninstallation via
Control Panel → Programs and Features/Uninstall a program” fails.
1. Delete residual Avira files
1. Boot your Windows System in Safe Mode.
◦ Windows 10
◦ Windows 8 / 8.1
◦ Windows 7
2. Make sure that your folder options are set as follows.
Click: Start → Control Panel → Folder Options → View → Show Hidden Files and Folders → OK
3. Delete the following folders if they exist:
◦ C:\Program Files\Avira
◦ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira
If you cannot delete Avira folders, rename them first.
Then start your computer in safe mode again and delete them.
There is no action required if these folders do not exist.
4. Restore the default folder view settings.
2. Reset the Windows LSP (Winsock) → Only for Windows 7
This step is only required if your computer is running a Windows 7 operating system.
1. Click Start → All Programs → Accessories.
2. Right-click "Command Prompt" and run it as administrator.
3. Type the following command in the command line:
netsh winsock reset
4. Press Enter.
5. Restart your computer.
1. Log in to your Avira account.
2. Click on the left menu panel the Subscriptions button.
3. Search for the product and click Install.
4. The previously acquired Avira package will be reinstalled, and the license will be activated automatically.
If the new installation fails due to program remains of an older instance, please refer to this article.