For security reasons, Avira Antivirus blocks incoming emails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections if they are configured on standard ports.
Other ports that fall back on encryption may also be affected.
For example, this happens when the option SSL (TLS/STARTTLS), is active in the email client and the SSL/TLS/STARTTLS is set to use the standard port.
Two options are available to fix your email traffic. Either you disable the encrypted email connection in your e-mail program or remove the Avira Mail Protection module for email scanning.
I. Disable the encrypted email connection
To fix the email traffic, check and correct the settings in your email client.
The configuration may vary based on the particular email program:
- Deactivate the option for using encrypted SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections for the incoming and outgoing server.
- Be sure not to use the ports 25 (SMTP), 143 (IMAP) and 110 (POP3) for SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections.
II. Remove Avira Mail Protection
If you need to receive encrypted emails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections, change the Avira product installation, and deactivate the Avira Mail Protection.
1. Click the Avira iconin the system tray to open the Avira user interface.
2. Click Security in the left menu.
3. Click Protection options.
4. Click the Settings icon next to Email protection.
5. Go to Internet Protection → Mail Protection.
6. Disable the checkbox Scan incoming emails.