Out of security reasons, Avira Antivirus is blocking incoming e-mails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS secure connections, if they are configured on standard ports.
Other ports that fall back on encryption may also be affected.
For example, this happens when the option SSL (TLS/STARTTLS), is active in the e-mail client and the SSL/TLS/STARTTLS is set to use the standard port.
Configure the e-mail traffic
You have two possibilities to fix your e-mail traffic. Either you disable the encrypted e-mail connection in your e-mail program or remove the Avira Mail Protection module for e-mail scanning.
I. Disable encrypted e-mail connection
To fix the e-mail traffic, check and correct the settings in your e-mail client.
The configuration may vary due to different e-mail programs:
- Deactivate the option for using encrypted SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections for incoming and outgoing server.
- Make sure not to use the ports 25 (SMTP), 143 (IMAP) and 110 (POP3) for SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections.
II. Remove Avira Mail Protection
If you need to receive encrypted e-mails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections, change the Avira product installation, and deactivate the Avira Mail Protection.
- Click Start → Settings → System → Apps & features.
- Perform right mouse click on “Avira Antivirus” → Modify → Next.
- Remove the check-mark from "Mail Protection" and click Next until finish.