For security reasons, Avira Antivirus blaocks incoming emails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections if they are configured on standard ports.
Other ports that fall back on encryption may also be affected.
For example, this happens when the option SSL (TLS/STARTTLS), is active in the email client and the SSL/TLS/STARTTLS is set to use the standard port.
Configure the email traffic
Two options are available to fix your email traffic. Either you disable the encrypted email connection in your e-mail program or remove the Avira Mail Protection module for email scanning.
I. Disable the encrypted email connection
To fix the email traffic, check and correct the settings in your email client.
The configuration may vary based on the particular email program:
- Deactivate the option for using encrypted SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections for the incoming and outgoing server.
- Be sure not to use the ports 25 (SMTP), 143 (IMAP) and 110 (POP3) for SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections.
II. Remove Avira Mail Protection
If you need to receive encrypted emails via SSL/TLS/STARTTLS connections, change the Avira product installation, and deactivate the Avira Mail Protection.
- Click Start → Settings → Apps → Apps & features.
- Click Avira Antivirus → Modify → Next.
- Remove the check-mark from "Mail Protection" and click Next until the process is complete.