File exceptions can be defined for both System Scanner and Real-time protection. A special feature of Real-time protection is that processes may be excluded from the scan as well.
- Click the Avira icon in the system tray to open the Avira user interface.
- Click Security in the left menu.
- Click the Protection options feature.
- Click the Settings icon of the System protection.
- Click PC Protection → Real-Time Protection → Exceptions.
- Add processes, files and folders you want to be omitted during a scan.
- Click OK to save the configuration.