To access the Boot Manager of your system, please press the key combination Shift-F8 during the boot process. Select the desired Safe Mode to start your PC.
Alternatively, the Safe Mode can also be launched directly from Windows.
- Move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner of your screen and wait until the Charms Bar is displayed.
- Go to Settings → Change PC settings → Update and recovery → Recovery and in the menu item “Advanced start-up”, click Restart now.
- Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
- Afterwards go to “Advanced options” and click Start-up Settings.
- Under “Start-up Settings” click Restart.
- Several boot options are displayed. The relevant options for booting in Safe Mode are:
4) Enable Safe Mode
In this mode, the operating system is started with the bare minimum of installed drivers and only the main Windows functions are used.
5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking
In this mode, also the network drivers are started.
6) Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt
In this mode, the operating system is started in text mode. This mode requires knowledge of computer commands and is, therefore, more suitable for professional users.
- Select an option by pressing one of the numbers or function keys (F1 - F9).