The BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is first and foremost responsible for the start of the operating system and the function of the PC. Therefore, the BIOS controls the interaction between the individual hardware components of the computer.
In case you have to start the computer from a different medium, you have to change first the boot sequence in BIOS.
- Restart your computer.
- At the beginning of the computer start up, the boot screen shows the required key or key combination to access the BIOS. (This varies depending on the motherboard manufacturer.) The most frequently used keys are: Delete, F1, F2, F8, or F10.
- Immediately click repeatedly the required key.
- The BIOS Interface usually opens in a shade of blue. (The navigation in the BIOS is only possible via the keyboard).
- Change the boot sequence (CD-ROM Drive or Removable Devices) according to the medium you want to start subsequently the computer.
- Save the changes and restart the computer.