In some cases it may happen that important services like the Microsoft Base Filtering Engine are not working correctly or even do not exist. That could be one reason, why Email and Web Protection are deactivated. In some cases this may happen after an upgrade to a higher version.
The instructions below will help you to add or repair the missing services so that Email and Web Protection are working correctly again.
There will be two automatic restarts of your computer.
The provided file makes it easy to add or repair the missing services. Please follow the instructions below:
- Download the file bfe-fw-fix.zip on your Desktop (The file is attached at the end of the article).
- Click with the right mouse button the downloaded file.
- Select Extract to bfe-fw-fix or Extract All (depending on the software).
- Enter the password avira and click OK.
A new folder called "bfe-fw-fix" is created on your Desktop.
- Open the folder "bfe-fw-fix" and double-click the bfe-fw-fix.exe file.
- Confirm the user account control request with Yes.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.