- Make sure your antivirus is up to date.
Click the Avira icon in the system tray.
- Search for your Antivirus and click Open.
- Click Check for updates.
- Restart the computer in "Safe Mode".
Open the Windows Start menu and click the Power button.
- Hold down the "Shift key" and click Restart.
- Click Troubleshoot → Andvanced options → Start-up Settgins → Restart.
- Click within the "Startup Settings" the function key F4.
- Once the system is restarted log in as admin administrator.
- Configure the scanner by opening "Avira Antivirus", and click the little wheel icon in the lower left of the app. Go to PC Protection → System Scanner and select within this category the option "All files". Set the “Scanner priority” on "high" and confirm the configuration with OK.
- Start the scan by selecting in the left panel of the main user interface Scan → Custom Scan → and click the arrow icon next to "Local drive scan".
- Restart the computer in normal mode after the scan.
- For security reasons, we recommend scanning the computer again in normal mode.