To access the Boot Manager of your system, please press the key combination Ctrl + F8 during the boot process. Select the desired Safe Mode to start your PC.
Start Safe Mode directly out of Windows
- Click Windows-button → On/Off.
- Hold down the Shift key and click Restart.
- Click the option Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
- Afterwards go to “Advanced options” and click Start-up Settings.
- Under “Start-up Settings” click Restart.
- Several boot option are displayed.
The relevant options for booting in Safe Mode are the numbers 4,5 or 6.
Select an option by pressing one of the numbers or function keys F4, F5 or F6
4) Enable Safe Mode
In this mode, the operating system is started with the bare minimum of installed drivers and only the main Windows functions are used.
5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking
In this mode, also the network drivers are started.
6) Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt
In this mode, the operating system is started in text mode. This mode requires knowledge of computer commands and is therefore more suitable for professional users.
- Windows 10 is now starting in Safe Mode.