- Open the Avira user interface and click Smart scan.
The results are displayed right after the scan, and allocated to the three categories: Security, Privacy and Performance. For further information read this article.
- Click Fix issues or review and configure the found issues before fixing them.
The one-click Smart scan searches your device for:
- Privacy issues – Detects vulnerabilities in your operating system and applications that can lead to data theft.
- Performance issues – Identifies apps that may slow down your device, and searches for junk files, registry errors, and browser trash.
- Viruses - Searches for threats that can compromise the security and performance of your device.
- Outdated apps – Scans for outdated software and drivers that hackers can use to access your device.
- Network threats – Searches for weak points in your network that can compromise your router and network devices.