Avira now (for the past few weeks) stops working sporadically after several days because of an "unknown firewall error". It turns out that Glasswire keeps running fine. Both programs most likely compete to control the Windows firewall and Avira draws the short end.
- Glasswire is set to "Ask to connect", but all avira programs, including installation are permitted to pass.
- When it happesn, the umbrella folds. I open the Avira desktop to get the message about the unknown firewall error.
- But: no longer can I open the Avira configuration for AV/Firewall or update (although the option is available and can be chosen, just nothing happens, so Avira is dead).
- Rebooting reactivates Avira. Reinstallation is also possible. Both reactivate the firewall and unfold the umbrella.
- However on installation I get force-fed options such as software update, opera (forced as default browser!), etc. that I have to deinstall manually and often I do not want to reboot just for Avira.
- How come I cannot disable the Avira firewall installation any longer?
- Why would I go to paid subscription if the installation behaves so badly and I do not know if it does any better? It would really help, if the full installation and configuration could be tested, e.g., for a week and only then goes to the intrusive "free mode". Thank you for hopefully listening, Avira.
Post is closed for comments.