Welcome to the Avira Community!
Avira Community is a place where great people meet to share ideas and offer support for Avira products and other related topics.
We have created this post to help you find your way around this Community.
When using the public Avira Community, the first and last name stored in the Avira account is used. If this is not desired, it can be changed or made anonymous in the own settings of the Avira account. Personal data will be processed in the process. We have provided further information here: https://www.avira.com/en/privacy-policy/homepage
Before you get started, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The use of this public forum is free of charge
- The Avira Community is not a direct support channel
- Duplicate posts will be deleted; support will be provided to the first post
We have also created a few rules to help us keep a healthy and open environment:
- Be respectful and polite
- Use appropriate tone and language
- Do not post personal data (e.g. contact information or email addresses)
- Do not inquire about illegal software
- Do not spam the community by advertising websites, products, and/or services
If any user violates these rules, their posts may be removed and/or they may be temporarily or permanently barred.
There is a lot going on in our Community and chances are that your question has already been answered.
We suggest you look around for similar posts or topics before you submit your question.
The search results will show you similar posts or topics in both our Community and Knowledge Base.
By searching first and posting later, you might save yourself some time and you will help us maintain a clean and structured community without duplicate posts.
Write a relevant title
Try to make your title as specific as possible and relevant to the issue described in the post.
A proper title will show up in relevant searches and it will help other members understand what your post is about.
Select the right topic
Make sure you select the right topic for your post. This will ensure your post is sent to the right place and seen by the people who can help.
Include as many details as possible in the description so that we can help you quickly and effectively.
Here are some examples of what your post should include:
- Do you own a free or Pro version?
- Which device are you experiencing issues on?
- Which product version do you own?
- Which operating system are you using?
- What have you tried so far to solve the problem?
Screenshots are welcome
In case you have screenshots that show the error in question or other helpful details, send them our way. Please make sure the screenshots DO NOT include sensitive information!
What happens after you submit your post?
After you submit your post, we will publish it in our Community. Our admins, moderators, and other Community members will see your question and look for an answer.
As soon as your question is answered, we will mark the post as closed.