Generally, we advise againstmodifying the default setting in Avira Real-Time Protection. Nevertheless, if any amendments need to be made, Avira provides an option to exclude folders and files from being monitored.
It is important to bear in mind that if any infected file is located in the excluded folder, Avira Antivirus will not detect the malicious file. Likewise, Avira Antivirus will not detect malicious files from the internet that are saved in the excluded folders.
- On the Finder menu bar navigate to Go → Utilities and double-click on Terminal.
- Open the Avira Real-Time Protection configuration file with the following command:
sudo nano /Applications/Avira.app/Contents/config/avguard.conf
- Authenticate with your password (with administrative rights) to continue with the configuration.
- Add the path of the folder that should no longer be monitored by Avira Real-Time Protection:
ExcludePath /*folder to be excluded*
- Close the configuration with CTRL+X.
- Save the modification with Y and press the Enter key.
- Restart your Mac.