USB drives are a convenient way to store and transfer files between computers, but this also makes them an easy carrier for malware.
Attackers can use USB drives to infect computers with malware, or an infected computer can transfer a virus to a clean USB drive when plugged in. Infected USB drives can then spread their malware to other computers.
To avoid the risk of infection via USB drives, it is recommended that Avira Security automatically scans each USB drive that is plugged in.
1. Open Avira Security.
2. Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
3. Click Virus Scans in the left pane.
4. Click the lock icon in the lower left corner to make changes.
5. Enter your Mac credentials.
6. Go to the USB Scans area in the right pane and select the option Start a USB scan immediately after the device is connected.
7. Click the lock icon to save your changes.
8. Close all windows.