To perform successfully a manual reinstallation of your Avira Antivirus you have to perform first a cleanup of your current Avira Antivirus.
I. Clean your system
1. Delete residual Avira files
- Boot your Windows System in Safe Mode.
◦ Windows 7
◦ Windows 8 / 8.1
◦ Windows 10
- Make sure that your folder options are set as follows.
Click: Start → Control Panel → Folder Options → View → Show Hidden Files and Folders → OK
- Delete the following folders if they exist:
◦ C:\Program Files\Avira
◦ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira
- Boot your Windows System in Normal Mode.
2. Reset the Windows LSP (Winsock)
Only for Windows 7
- Click Start → All Programs → Accessories.
- Right click "Command Prompt" and run it as administrator.
- Type the following command in the command line:
netsh winsock reset
- Press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
II. Reinstall Avira Antivirus
- Log in to Avira Connect.
- Click on the left menu panel the Subscriptions button.
- Search for “Antivirus” and click Install.
- The previously acquired Avira Antivirus package will be reinstalled, and the license will be activated automatically.